Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Guilt

October mid’ 2009. After coming from office and after taking my dinner I usually take a walk in my balcony. A very relieving time pass for me. I ear my mp3, listen to some 90’s songs, look up in the sky and enjoy watching the bottom lights of airplanes traveling high above my house. Apart from that I love exploring the hand and waist movements of people doing a post dinner walk in the street.

Well, this day was also like every other normal day. I was having gala time in my balcony. Out of a sudden, to my bad, I witnessed an accident on the street. It was so fast that I could only see the after-effects. A baby dog, don’t know its gender, was crying out of pain. His/her leg was brutally crushed by a car. He/she got a serious injury in leg. It was bleeding! Again to my surprises, within minutes some three street dogs came to the spot to share his/her sorrow. All three of them encircled him/her. Accident took place in the middle of street so he/she was lying there only. For almost 1 hour he/she wept because of irresistible hurt. Meanwhile, people who were walking also realized his/her dire situation and for sure felt bad. How can I say that they genuinely felt bad? It’s because my and their facial expressions perfectly matched each other. So they genuinely felt bad and sad also.

Meanwhile, I got a call from my room-mate and she asked me to see her. After 5-10 minutes I came back to balcony to continue my walk. Ohh! Poor dog, guess, in between again he/she met some other accident as his/her body was completely crushed and the spot grew into a blood patch.

That night I could not sleep for a second. Whole night I kept on thinking if I am also converted into a living devil. For almost one hour I witnessed his/her pain but still was so much senseless and heartless that it didn’t motivate me to come down to street for help. I continuously questioned myself about the difference between me and other pass byres. He/she would have been alive if I would have called a veterinary doctor then and there or with the help of society members would have shifted him/her from the centre of road. And I suppose, there was nothing out of my reach, as I have got internet connection I could have easily checked nearby veterinary doctor. I too have a good mobile with good balance to make a call in emergency. I should have atleast given a try of calling a doctor. It is a second thought if the doctor gets ready to visit or not. I strongly feel Intention holds a deeper meaning over actions and outcomes.

But......... it’s a waste to think and feel guilty about it.....atleast now!!

Actually, the whole incident reminded me something very unfortunate, which happened to me many years back. I will start feeling sad, so do not wish to discuss it. But yes I could now also feel that pain, the “tadap”.

Each one of us has undergone the “tadap” in one or the other way but irony is we never feel it with same intensity when it happens with others. Instead we define our guilt as “I/We really feel sorry at the turn of events”.

I have lived both the life, of a victim as well as a merciless human also. I have no mouth to say that one should not do it! But yes one thing I can surely suggest, life doesn’t give a second chance to correct or overcome one’s guilt. If you have got another, please do not miss it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment